Friday, February 28, 2014

Trust someone else






When I started running I took a 12 week half marathon training program and condensed it to 4.  When I finished the race limping I wanted to do a full marathon.  I researched different programs to find the right one for me.  I found some that seemed to work and changed them as I saw fit.  What experience did I have in creating and modifying training plans...refer back to my first sentence.

A lot has changed since 2009; experience, injury, divorce, mohawk, wisdom, The Living Athlete.  Life changes, priorities change, goals change.  So I too continue to change.

I made the decision to hire a coach.  I've placed my trust in this coach with a single goal and many circumstances surrounding that goal.  Circumstances: 50% of my days are non-negotiable children time from the hours of 6 am until I go to work and after work until they go to bed - non-negotiable.  On my weekends with my children this training window narrows to outside the hours of 6 am until 8 pm.  Mondays, Tuesdays and every other Friday, Saturday and Sunday - kill me.  I work a full-time job 8-5 Monday - Friday, two of those lunch hours I'm at TRX at the YMCA which leaves Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday over my lunch break for something.

The goal I'm partnering with my coach to achieve: #1 be available for any and all training and build up races for a good friend who's training for Ironman.  This particular athlete has a lead foot on the bike and has been known to run marathons...many of them.... on back-to-back days.  I want to be at my best so he can be at his.  Once IMWI is in the books, maybe I'll find my own race to burn up some of this training on, but until then, my first training day is tomorrow.  Here's to 2014 and a new way of doing the old things I've always done before, but doing them more better ;-)

I have the coach I want giving me the training plan I need to accommodate the life I want to live with the support I have.  I have two simple words to push forward with this year that were passed to me by someone very special... I'm Ready!!

    

No comments:

Post a Comment